Overwhelming amount of ideas registered for a Resilient BoTu
In response to the Call for Action of Social Impact by Design, foundation Go BoTu received 50 ideas for a more resilient Bospolder Tussendijken (BoTu). Besides the fact that the amount is impressive, the diversity in the themes is high: from creating jobs, strengthening residents, supporting the energy transition, improvement of outdoor space to decreasing poverty and debts and improving living conditions.
A selection committee consisting of resident group BoTu12, team Go BoTu and the Go BoTu board carefully studied all the submitted ideas. All ideas are divided into five categories:
1. Ideas promising for further elaboration in Social Impact by Design
2. Ideas promising for collaboration with other submissions of Social Impact by Design
3. Ideas that not fit Social Impact by Design, but could be interesting for another part of the program Resilient BoTu 2028
4. Ideas focused on delivering (design) process support that could be valuable for the teams during the process of Social Impact by Design
5. Ideas not applicable for further elaboration.
On July 11th all parties in category 1 and 2 had the opportunity to present their ideas to the other teams and the Go BoTu board. During the summer all the selected parties work on the further elaboration of their ideas. Some submitters might combine their ideas into one integral proposal. Mid-September each party will submit their proposal. At that time, the BoTu 12, team Go BoTu and the board will determine which proposals are promising enough to participate in phase 2 of Social Impact by Design